Gifts of Cash

The simplest way to make a gift is with cash. The "Annual Fund" designation allows your gift to be used where it is most needed.

Giving cash is popular due to its simplicity. Cash gifts may be made by currency, check, money order, bank draft or credit card. You may receive a charitable income tax deduction for the amount of the gift to the extent provided by law. Consult your tax advisor.

The Benefit to You

Current income tax savings, thus lowering the cost of your gift. You can claim charitable deductions up to 60% of your adjusted gross income for gifts of cash in the year you make the gift. Excess deductions may be carried over for up to five years.

How to Make a Cash Gift

  • Send a check or money order made payable to the South Dakota Mines Center for Alumni Relations and Advancement, 330 East Kansas City St., Rapid City, SD 57701

  • Use your credit card
    • By phone: Simply call our office at (605) 394-2436 or (800) 211-7591 and indicate that you'd like to make a gift by credit card. We will need your card number, expiration date, amount of your gift, your full name as it appears on your card, the billing address associated with the card and where you would like the gift to be designated.
  • Check with your employer's personnel office to see if your contribution is eligible to be matched, a benefit that can double or even triple your gift.

To find out more about making gifts of cash, please contact our office by email or call (605) 394-2436 or (800) 211-7591.